This complete new steering system includes new helm, high efficiency XTREME™ cable
and new-style bezel. It is also available with Sport or Sport Plus tilt mechanism.
The patent pending helm has a complete new gear train designed to provide smooth feel,
minimal backlash and low effort at the wheel. It also offers the smoothest NFB clutch release
and has a smaller footprint than the current 4.2 helm. All castings are designed to reduce
weight while offering superior strength.
New style, patent pending, bezel keeping with the design of the SH91900 tilt and hydraulic
helm pump designs.
SSCX Xtreme Cable
• Based on the current industry leading XTREME™ technology
• Splined ridges on the inner liner allow close contact with core
• With minimum contact the core glides freely
• Tight fit for minimal lost motion
• Reduced friction for extended cycle life
• Robust construction support highest steering loads in the mechanical range
A brand new XTREME™ steering cable was designed specifically for this system.
This cable offers lower backlash and is more efficient than a standard steering cable.
It provides the lowest ease of effort, a close “fit” of the core to liner for lowest lost motion.
The concept provides the “tight” fit of core to liner yet allows area for lubrication.
The design of the helm allows higher loads to be placed into the cable requiring this new
design cable. There is a quick connect feature on both the steering cable and spent travel
tube for easy, quick installation.
The ultimate in Tilt Steering Technology. Tilt Steering delivers unsurpassed performance and flexibility making it the perfect system for all possible applications and boat types. Classic helm for hydraulic applications only.
• Pre-loaded dual taper bearings ensures minimal excess free play
• Smooth operation and feel
• Shaft seals to prevent water ingress
• 48 degrees of tilt articulation
• 5 positive lock positions
• Up to 3 style options
• Compact footprint
• Maintenance free
• Fits most styled and formed dashes